Whoa! It’s been a minute since I last posted anything. Life sure can get crazy…in a good way! During my hiatus, I’ve re-discovered some old cookbooks as well as some new ones. We can’t always dine out and when we eat at home, why not partake in the culinary experience in your own kitchen? Here are some of my faves:
1. Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Chrissy Tiegen. Not only am I fan of this spunky lady, but I admire her for her passion for food. If you happen to follow her on SnapChat, you’ll see what I mean. One of my favorites in the book have to be her Creamy Potato Salad with Bacon!
2. Ad Hoc at Home by Thomas Keller. Thomas Keller is my Chef hubby’s idol. He’s world-renowned and deserves every bit of notoriety. I’ve been to 3 of his restaurants: 1. The French Laundry 2. Ad Hoc 3. Per Se. I remember every bite from each restaurant. Each restaurant has shared their own cookbook, however, we can’t always prepare a Michelin-rated dinner for the family, so this book shares more family-friendly meals very much like Ad Hoc’s menu.
3. Besh Big Easy: 101 Home Cooked New Orleans Recipes. Besides “The Chef” hubby himself, Chef John Besh is my next chef crush! Not only has he created a restaurants empire in New Orleans, but he’s philanthropic and has a great heart. For refined New Orleans’ homestyle recipes, this is your resource:
- I’ve attached the links to check them out for yourself. What are your favorite books at the moment?
- Stay tuned for some new, up-and-coming restaurant reviews in New Orleans!
- Upcoming posts:
- Bar Frances
- Restaurant Des Familles